Cambodians are working hard at rebuilding their lives, and most village families make a survival living on about $50 - $75 per month - Siem Reap and surrounding is a place of extreme poverty. The widows, landmine victims and those who lost their land due to forced removals are in even more of a need, not only do they face the struggle of daily survival … they lack clean healthy water and sanitation. With barely enough to live on, there is no money for the luxury of clean water or sanitation.
We install water-wells and toilets (latrines) and we have it down to a cost effective and efficient process. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if with your help we can install water-wells and toilets every day! To stimulate the economy and create jobs, we use only local contractors and suppliers. Due to our low overhead, close management and strict standards, we manage to install water-wells and install toilets with long lasting enclosures, each for as little as $400. See our Facebook albums for videos and descriptions of the structures that we install on your behalf.
Project - from beginning to end
- Identification of the family, household, school, orphanage, etc. in need.
- The needs are confirmed, be that water or sanitation.
- Contacting local contractors to survey the property and confirm the feasibility of the project.
- Ordering and delivery of materials as well as the sponsorship board.
- Clearing of suitable area and the work crew starts with the project.
- Visit and/or assist during the construction period.
- Inspection of completed project.
- Sponsorship board is planted, photos and short ‘thank you’ video taken with the beneficiaries.