The Eyes of Leah Child Education Sponsorship is unique in many ways, mainly because we look at the whole picture by asking why and then how.
First question is always “Why is this child not in school?”
The answers are usually one or more of the below
- Parents do not value education
- The family is barely surviving, with an income so low that they cannot afford to send their children to school.
- The family cannot survive without the income that the child generates by collecting for recycling, working in the fields, carrying water for neighbours or miscellaneous odd jobs.
- The family needs the child to help with chores around the house, taking care of siblings, taking care of the sick and elderly, helping the family with whatever means they have to earn an income, e.g. food vendor, etc.
Second question is “How can we make a difference?”
The answer is usually a combination of the below
- Provide the child with schooling, an education.
- Supplement the family income with food and groceries, now we do not perpetuate the family’s state of hopelessness and despair having to survive without the income generated by the child.
- Supply school materials and clothing.
- Provide social services to the family (such as education in personal hygiene, nutrition, etc.)
- Sponsorship - from beginning to end